12.11.2012

needlepoint



In the middle of a spur of the moment pre-Christmas purge last week I found these. My mother needlepointed our artwork when we were little. Somehow I ended up with my brother Tyler's pieces, but not mine. Not sure how that happened. I know there is one of mine somewhere of a crowd with the caption "Watching President Carter". So funny.

I love how my mom stayed true to the original artwork. I love that crazy mouth on "Dad Playing Tennis". I just sent all of these off to my brother with in his Christmas packages. I hope he takes care of them as well as I did!

Sewing and needlepoint just aren't my thing, but aren't these fantastic? What a great way to preserve favorite drawings. I'm sure my brother can't draw this well anymore (ha!) but he wasn't too bad at it when he was three. Oliver's thing is whales. Maybe I'll get my mom to get one started for me when she comes to stay with us for Christmas. They are precious!






4 comments:

  1. These are so wonderful! What a great way to preserve those little pieces of art. I wished I had the patience for needlepoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of have the patience, but then when would I have time to do anything else? I'll have to ask my mom how long each one took her. Actually, I just want her to do them for me. :)

      Delete
  2. These are absolutely genius! A beautiful idea and I would totally put these up on the walls.. they're adorable! You're mom had a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's too humble to admit it, but she totally did have a great idea! Thanks, LT!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...