11.02.2012

this is halloween




Halloween 2012
(above photos by my friend Randy W.)

Halloween was great this year. We have really gotten our money's worth out of all of our costumes (see past years here, my favorite is Oliver as The Strongest Baby in the World). Stella wore her Dorothy of Oz costume for the third time. Our sweet friend Jeanette made the costume for Stella when she was three, and she has only skipped one year out of four (to be Supergirl). Oliver's Elmo (or as he insisted all night long, Dragon Elmo) costume finally paid for itself, making it's fourth appearance between the two kids. I donned Fridawear for one more night. I am hanging up that costume, that act and everything to do with it for a few years. I'm tired of the pins in my head and the unibrow. We trick-or-treated with Stella's school, and then in the evening with David, who once again looked better than all three of us combined. We called him Diego Rivera and it worked.

Stella and I had some fun with her hair. The kids are basically acersecomics, Oliver having never had a hair cut in his three years, and Stella only once, a quick trim, if you don't count the lock that was maddeningly cut by her friend years ago in a moment of inattention. We straightened her curly nest of hair and then set it in rollers to get great Dorothy ringlets while they watched The Great Pumpkin.



I may have begun to master some daytime photography, but the nighttime is a whole 'nother ballgame. Regardless, these two are so precious. Stella looked perfect, and people were lifting Dragon Elmo off the ground to hug him like a puppet, he was so adorable. I don't know if I can bring myself to part with these costumes now. I am sure are kids who would really love them, so I probably will next year. 

I hope your Halloween was lots of fun. Today was a conscious day of mainlining candy for me. I did it up, Tiffanie-style. I have had so much really helpful feedback on this post, so many things that make so much sense and have affected me a lot. Not enough to stop this one last Halloween candy feeding frenzy (I'm only human), but things I must implement right away. Onward and upward!

Have a great weekend, and thank you for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...