1.08.2012

the tower


Saturday we took my friend Mike to the same place we take every single guest visiting from out of town. To the tower at the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. It is a beautiful walk from our house, up the Panhandle and through the bottom of the park. Not only is the tower a spectacle itself (designed by Swiss architects Herzog & De Meuron, check out one of my favorite buildings by them here), but the view is just amazing. You can see the top of the Golden Gate Bridge and out to Marin, you can see all the way downtown to the Transamerica Pyramid building. It's phenomenal. It is always a winner. It also overlooks the incredible California Academy of Sciences. Stunning! And free!








We mosied over to the Japanese Tea Garden afterwards to see the fish and have tea and a snack. Have I mentioned how much both the kids are in love with Mike?








When we got home, much later in the afternoon, these guys snuggled up to read and rest while I made bánh mì. I guess they love their dad as much as they love our pal Mike. Another one of those days that makes you never want to leave San Francisco. 









4 comments:

  1. Really nice day! That view is spectacular (and a little scary)! I love your son's coveralls - awesome - my son would love them - he is a total clothes horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going back to San Fran during the WWDC this year again (June I think) and the tower is totally on our to do list, my neighbors were engaged there (years ago) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get to SF again, I haven't been here and would love to go. I've been to some sort of science museum at golden gate, remember me and all my co-workers weighing ourselves on different planets.

    Beautiful pics...I'm sure Mike is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann! Those coveralls are OshKosh and I'm afraid that might be the last time he squeezes into them. SO ADORABLE!

    Thanks for stopping by, Jess. Definitely visit the tower (and the whole museum if you've got the time)!

    Hi Tania! Maybe you were right across the way at the California Academy of Sciences? And, both of these museums have only reopened in their new buildings in the last few years, so it's possible you were in one of their older homes, depending on when you were here.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again...make sure we get together the next time you're out this way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...