12.11.2011

messy weekend



This weekend we (me) managed to tear our place asunder. When I signed up for the December shows, I knew this was going to be a lot for our small place to handle. Outgoing presents needing to be wrapped, our own presents needing to be wrapped, the tree, messes I haven't gotten to clean up in the last week and costume pieces everywhere are making my brain hurt. It should wrap up in the next few days, and be much more peaceful next week when winter break starts. But right now it's insane. 


Stella wasn't feeling great yesterday, so we kept it close to home. We hung some outdoor lights and played some freeze tag outside. Oh, and whacked at each other with a cardboard tube.


Oliver has this beautiful thing he does, where he likes to lie down on the ground in the strangest of places and stare up. He's been doing it his whole life. Here he is doing it camping this past summer. It makes for some messy clothes.








Dinner was sushi rice with roasted seaweed, edamame, carrots and cucumbers. "Simpewl", as we like to say, although I prefer a dinner cooked entirely in the oven when things are as disastrous as they are right now.






Up until three! Everything needs to sparkle and shine for next week! It's critical!


Today David took the kids to breakfast and to freeze on the beach while I had a good five or six hour swath of kid-free time. I squandered it cleaning a closet and showering, but even that stuff feels amazing when you haven't been without constant chitterchat in a week. Then we headed to Berkeley to our friend Christine's lovely Christmas party. We couldn't stay too long, as I had to be back in the city for a rehearsal with the band in the evening. Which went as well as they usually do, meaning I came home and realized how many more rhinestones I need and how much more choreography I have to do.


Serenity now!







6 comments:

  1. Oliver looks so at peace and introspective. I think I need to consider doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are amazing! Especially how you can cook dinner, serve dinner, & eat dinner all at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that lying-down-staring-up-at-things kinda melts my heart. also makes me want to do the same! break a leg (figuratively, of course) with your show. hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Ann! I wonder when we eventually move what it will be like to be more than two inches away from the stove when we eat every night! People won't be getting their fresh, hot tortillas right off the flame, preventing me from taking a bite, that's for sure! :)

    Mauishopgirl, isn't it wild? Did you look at the link to last summer I included, with him doing the same under the redwoods? I can only imagine the Maui sky, staring up at that.

    And Sonya, thank you! I have had no sleep and am pretty nervous. Taking on three acts in one show was a little more than I bargained for. Oh, and the correct term in this instance is "pop a tassel"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna! YOU are adorable! I like the WW posts you've been doing. I'm probably going to jump back on board with that in the new year....had great success after first child, not so much this time. I will remember to keep checking in to see how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...